Sunday, April 27, 2008

cremation box

The last couple of days have been busy. I was asked by a family to make a box. The plan is for a viewing and cremation. I picked matching boards and was able to match up the grain. The boards had a red coloration along with the beetle blue. The family had requested that the box stay unfinished. I did some light sanding and here is the completed box.It doesn't get much simpler than this. I am very pleased with the finished product.


I was able to find a 1x6 that was almost completely blue. I was able to laminate it right in the middle of the lid. I would suspect that in the future I could make a cross or some other designs with the blue.

1 comment:

John Neumann said...

I had the opportunity to attend this funeral. When I arrived it was standing room only, but even from the back I noticed that the family had chosen a "simple pine box" for a casket. It's hard to put in words, but the choice seemed wholesome and right and honest. I appreciate that you are providing the opportunity for grieving families to have the choice to keep it simple yet beautiful.