Sunday, March 15, 2009

SPB The Trojan Horse of the Prince George Homeshow

When you make a product for the death care industry it is always an issue how you choose to market to the general public. When I heard the homeshow was coming to town I thought this would be a great opportunity to get out to the public and show my wares. I struggled with the display for the homeshow as to how obvious I would make it that my furniture options could also be used as a final resting box. My friend Dave who helped me design the pamphlet wanted me to put rope handles on the tapered box table box. I decided that the focus of the homeshow was to assist the public to see our products in a neutral light. Since most people deny death and some are afraid to even have the faintest reminder of death I thought that the more subtle I was with the display the better.

We will see what happens.

No comments: